PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION (P.T.A.)- Assignment
To download the assignment in Pdf format for free click in the links provided below:
Parent’s teacher association (PTA) is a formal organization of parents and teachers that is formed to get parents involved in their children’s academics as well as to help and reform the school systems. The main focus of any PTA is to work for the prosperity of the school going children.
PTA’s provide parents and teachers a mutual platform to work for the betterment of the school, teaching and everything that influences the physical and intellectual growth of a child. PTA meeting helps both parents and teachers to involve and discuss and solve any particular issues they are facing.
WORKING OF P.T.A.
For the proper working of PTA meeting following points should be kept in the mind:
- Create a meeting schedule and communicate date and timing of the PTA meeting.
- Make the report cards and other content ready which are required in the PTA meeting.
- On meeting, begin by discussing positive aspect of the child’s experiences in your class and also end up with students strengths.
- Explain your goals for the child and how each students progress is determined.
- Talk about childs work. Discuss the child’s performance in each subject.
- Listen to parents, it will help you understand what they want for their child.
- Close the meeting by setting goals for the child’s future work.
- Suggest strategies for meeting those goals.
NEED OF P.T.A.
Need for conduction of PTA meetings in the schools are many and some of them are listed below:
- PTA brings parents into the equation that provides a fresh insight on the improvements that are needed.
- It improves homeschool communication by providing two way communication between parents and teachers.
- PTA is needed to raise funding which provides students with extra facilities.
- It is also required to improve parental relationships and teachers get to know about students home life.
- It provides opportunity to talk about academic performance of each student.
- PTA can be a way to suggest change at their child’s school.
IMPORTANCE OF P.T.A.
Importance of PTA meetings in schools are given below:
- It provides opportunity to open two ways communication for the welfare of the child.
- Provides great opportunity for the parents and teachers to develop a healthy relationship and holistic development of child.
- PTA is a great platform for parents and teachers to share insight and information for the development of child.
- It helps educators to know childs weakness and strengths from parents observation.
- Helps to know and to work for the modification of students performance and to ensure best academics and nonacademic performance of the child.
- PTA hosts fun, educational clubs, programs and events for families.
AIMS OF P.T.A.
Major aims and objectives of conducting PTA in the schools are as follows:
- To bring home and school in close contact.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, society and community.
- To raise the standards of home life of the child.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of the children and youth.
- To encourage parents to become more involved with children’s school.
- To provide support for school events and others important occasions.
ROLE OF TEACHER
Any parent teacher association cannot be considered good unless there is full cooperation from both sides. For PTA, teacher has following roles:
- To inform the parents regarding entire activities of the school and related activities from time to time.
- To convey the examination result of students to their parents.
- If any fund is being collected for any kind of purpose in school, teacher should make parents aware regarding this subject.
- To discuss with parents about students and help in finding problems of students.
- If any student is absent for a long period of time, teacher should contact his parents and try know the reason behind it.
- Notifying parents if home work or project work assigned by the school to students is continously incomplete.
- If school wants to take students for any excursion or trip for any purpose, teacher should inform parents regarding this subject.
ROLE OF PARENTS
Before coming to the school, basic education of child is given in the house only by the parents. In complete development of the student, parents contribution is very important. Parents have following role:
- Parents should continuously monitor children’s activities.
- Parents should continuously discuss the students home life with teacher.
- Parents should always get involved in PTA meetings.
- Parents should always motivate student to participate in school’s various activities.
- Behaviour of the student in the school should be discussed with teacher.
- Getting the students examination results on time and consulting the teacher on this subject.
- Observing the students interest in education and school.
- Parent should be in constant contact with the teacher and should keep complete information about school and the students.
Parent teacher association is very important for students. Complete development of student is assured through this association and tries to meet his needs. This association not only fulfills the needs of students but also of teachers and parents.
Unless teachers know their students well and are knowledgeable about their achievements, they cannot be confident that their teaching is meeting the learning needs of their students. Therefore parent teacher association helps in complete development of a child and lets teacher and parents understand their children’s needs and progress completely.
To download this in pdf- Click here
You may also like
- CELLS- INTEGRATED LESSON PLAN- CLASS 9th SCIENCE NCERT
- States of Matter lesson plan- Class IX NCERT with pdf
- Lesson Plan- Various Steps preparation of Lesson Plan
- Micro Lesson Planning- Concept & Procedure of micro lesson plan
- Bloom’s Taxonomy: Cognitive | Affective | Psychomotor Domain
- Thorndike’s Stimulus-Response Theory
Disclaimer: wandofknowledge.com is created only for the purpose of education and knowledge. For any queries, disclaimer is requested to kindly contact us. We assure you we will do our best. We do not support piracy. If in any way it violates the law or there is any problem, please mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org