Poverty Lesson plan Class-9th
Name- XYZ Class– IX
Subject-Economics Date- XX-XX-XXXX
Topic- “Poverty as a challenge” Duration– 40 min
- To make students to understand some basic economic concepts and developing economic reasoning which the learners can apply in their day-to-day life as citizens, workers and consumers;
- To enable learners to realise their role in nation building and sensitize them to the economic issues that the nation is facing today.
- To equip learners with basic tools of economics and statistics to analyse economic issues. This is pertinent for even those who may not pursue this course beyond the higher secondary stage.
- To develop an understanding among students that there can be more than one view on any economic issue and to develop the skills to argue logically with reasoning
After the competition of the lesson, the learner shall be able:
- Remembering – To describe the challenges of the poverty.
- Understanding– To explain conditions of poor people.
–To illustrate the conditions of poor people
- Applying – To develop the multidimensional problems related to the poverty.
- Receiving: Ask questions related to poverty
- Responding: Answer the questions-based on facts of poverty
- Valuing: Justify the reasons of being poor.
- to collect information about poverty facts and data of our country.
- Question Answer Method, Discussion Method and Deductive and Inductive Method.
TEACHING LEARNING MATERIAL (TLM)
Jam board, white board, duster, marker, pointer, PowerPoint presentation
VALUE AND SKILL INTEGRATED: self-awareness, and critical thinking.
Students are aware about the resource and population.
|Student Teacher Activity||Student Responses|
|Student- teacher wish the student
Good morning students,
Student-teacher starts asking the question:
Students as you all are able to attend the online classes with the help of mobile phones or laptops because you all have the mobile phone or laptop.
|So, if only one or two children have mobile phone or laptop. Then, will you all able to attend the online class.||No,|
|Why students?||Because we will have limited laptop like one or two but we all are twenty plus.|
|So, can you describe this term as resources?||We have limited resources with heavy population.|
Statement of Aim:
Alright students, today we will study “POVERTY AS A CHALLENGE”.
Teaching Point 1: Introduction (Poverty as a challenge)
As poverty is a liability of a country as it is biggest issue and under privilege section.
In fact, every fifth person in India is poor.
India has largest single concentration of the poor in the world.
If a person is poor, he does not get education or quality of education that results negative aspects like no access to sufficient food, proper clothing, medical facilities and a clean environment. The lack of these basic needs leads to poor health.
Teaching Point 2: The cases of poverty in the chapter
As there are two stories which represents the conditions of two family.
One story is about RAM SARAN related to urban case and other story is about LAKHA SINGH relate to rural case.
According to both the cases of poverty there are some issues related to poverty that are:
- Size of families
- Poor health
- Child labour
- Poverty means hunger and lacks of shelter.
Teaching Point 3: Poverty
- Poverty also means lack of clean water and sanitation facilitates.
- Poor people are in a situation in which they are ill-treated at almost every place
- It also means lacks of a regular job at a minimum decent level.
Today we have studied Poverty as a challenge. In which we studied what is poverty and all the condition to being poor.
Now, lets check how much all learnt in this class.
Q1. Every……………person in India is poor.
Q2. What are the multi-dimensional problems of poverty?
Q1. What are the indicators of poverty?
Q2. How people are suffering under poverty and what are your observations.
- States of Matter lesson plan- Class IX NCERT with pdf
- Mixture- INTEGRATED LESSON PLAN- CLASS 9th SCIENCE NCERT
- Complete Lesson Plan of Thomson’s atomic model Class IX
- Complete Lesson Plan of Solution NCERT Class IX
- Complete Lesson Plan of COLLOIDAL SOLUTION of Class IX
- Complete Integrated Lesson Plan of ELEMENTS of Class IX
Disclaimer: wandofknowledge.com is created only for the purpose of education and knowledge. For any queries, disclaimer is requested to kindly contact us. We assure you we will do our best. We do not support piracy. If in any way it violates the law or there is any problem, please mail us on email@example.com