Four Effective Home Remedy for Cough-Cold and Congestion
When season changes cough and cold are the most common problem we face. It becomes very uncomfortable in initial days like congested nose causes difficulty in breathing.
We are providing four home remedies for quick relief from cold, cough and nasal congestion:
First remedy : Cough Syrup
Ingredients: Ginger, honey, black pepper.
- Take fresh ginger (ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in reducing cold and cough) and extract its juice.
- Take a bowl and add 1/4th tablespoon of ginger juice in it and add 1 small tablespoon of honey and mix it well.
- Mild cough syrup is ready and can be taken by infants as well as adults.
- Kids- Infants or kids should lick 1/4th tablespoon of this syrup thrice a day. It is very helpful for cold and cough.
- Adult- Add 2-3 crushed black pepper in already prepared syrup. Take 1/2 tablespoon of this syrup thrice a day.
This syrup is very effective home remedy for cold and cough.
Second remedy :
Ingredients: Ginger juice, honey, rock salt.
- Take 1/4th tablespoon of fresh ginger juice in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 pinch of rock salt (don’t use common salt) in it and mix well.
- Kids- Take 1/4th tablespoon of this mixture twice or thrice a day. It can be taken by infants too.
- Adults- Take 1/2 tablespoon of this mixture thrice a day.
Third remedy : For dry cough
Ingredients: Carom seeds (ajwain), honey.
- Take 1-2 tablespoon of carom seeds or ajwain in a pan and roast it for 30-40 seconds.
- Then take it out in a crushing pot and crush it and make a powder of it.
- Take a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of crushed ajwain and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it. Mix this well.
Take 1/4th tablespoon of this mixture and lick it. It should be taken during spontaneous cough or for dry cough for instant relief.
Fourth remedy :
Ingredients: Ginger, jaggery, cinnamon powder.
Take a sauce pan and pour some water and add grated ginger to it. Bring it to boil.
Direction of usage:
It can be used in two ways:
- Steaming- Take a towel and cover your face with it and take steam of this ginger water. It helps opening blocked nose or nasal congestion.
- Ginger tea- Take previous made boiled ginger water and add 2 pinch of cinnamon powder (dalchini), now add 1 tablespoon of jaggery (gud) to it. Boil it for 5 minutes. Our ginger tea is ready, strain it and serve hot.
Tip- After taking any of this remedial syrup, avoid drinking water for next 30 minutes.
You may also like
- 10 Effective Home Remedies to Cure Dandruff permanently
- 10 Tips to Control High Blood Pressure
- Loss of Sense of Smell and Taste – Home Remedy
- How to remove Dark Spots / Acne Marks at Home
- 100% Effective Remedy for Hair Fall- Home Remedy
- Best Remedy to Remove Dark Circles Permanently in 1 Week
Disclaimer: wandofknowledge.com is created only for the purpose of providing knowledge. For any queries, disclaimer is requested to kindly contact us. We assure you we will do our best. We do not support piracy. If in any way it violates the law or there is any problem, please mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Comment