Meaning of First Aid
First aid is the first and immediate assistance given to any person suffering from either a minor or serious illness or injury, with care provided to preserve life, prevent the condition of patient from worsening, or to promote recovery.
Importance of First-aid in School
First aid is an essential material for any school due to various importance, some of them are as follows:
- It promotes the sense of safety in the school and among the students.
- It allows the quick treatment of injuries.
- Availability of first aid prevents victims condition from becoming worse.
- Sometimes, it also helps in saving the life of victim.
- It spreads the awareness among students about first aid, its importance and common ailment treatment for emergency.
Common Ailments and its Medicine
- Headache- It is the painful sensation in whole or any part of the head. Its common medicine is Saradon, Disprin, etc.
- Fever- In this condition the normal temperature of the body increases due to various reasons. It might act as symptom of various diseases. Its medicine include Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Combiflam, etc.
- Injuries- Injuries can be caused by falling while playing, due to accidents. Common injuries include abrasions, bruise, sprain, strains, wound, etc. Its medicine might include bandaging, antiseptic ointments, etc.
- Dehydration- Dehydration occurs when your body loses more fluid than you drink. Common cause of dehydration could be excessive sweating, loose motions, excessive activity, etc. Its medicine or treatment include Electral, Nimbu-pani, O.R.S., drinking water.
- Stomach Ache- It is the condition where pain arises from inside the abdomen, ranging from mild to severe. It can be treated by giving medicine like antacid, digene, placing hot water bottle on the abdomen, etc.
Items inside the First-Aid
First-aid in every school must contain following items:
- Different types of bandages
- Cotton balls and cutip
- Antiseptic ointments
- Common medicines of common ailments
- Sterile gauze
Bandaging and its Use
Bandage is a piece of material or cloth used either to support a medical device such as dressing or splint or to provide support or to restrict the movement of a part of the body. It is of various types such as:
- Gauze bandage– It is the most common type of bandage, used either directly on the wound or to secure a dressing on place.
- Compression bandage- It is used to apply pressure to a specific area or injury. It helps to minimize swelling by keeping fluids from gathering at the injury site.
- Adhesive bandage- It is used in minor cuts.
- Triangular bandage- It is also known as cravat bandage. It is specially used for head injuries and secured with safety pins which are provided with the bandage.
- School Assembly: How to Conduct Assembly in School | Importance
- Furniture Cleaning: Importance |Measures to keep them clean
- Aesthetic Development of School Campus
- School Campus Cleanliness: Need & Importance | Its Role
- PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION (P.T.A.)- Assignment
- States of Matter lesson plan- Class IX NCERT with pdf
- Mixture- INTEGRATED LESSON PLAN- CLASS 9th SCIENCE NCERT
- Complete Lesson Plan of Thomson’s atomic model Class IX
- Technology of Education Vs. Technology in Education
Disclaimer: wandofknowledge.com is created only for the purpose of education and knowledge. For any queries, disclaimer is requested to kindly contact us. We assure you we will do our best. We do not support piracy. If in any way it violates the law or there is any problem, please mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org