Lesson Plan of ATOM of Class 09
Complete Integrated Lesson Plan of ATOM
This article contains complete lesson plan of Colloidal Solution of Class IX NCERT following CBSE board.
Pdf of this article is also available in complete tabular form
- To develop interest of students in physical science.
- To develop an inquiry spirit in the students.
- To help students to see the physical science in relation to the rest of the culture.
- To develop interest in questioning.
- To develop critical thinking and scientific attitude.
- To develop supervisory ability in students.
- To develop problem solving skills in students.
- To make the students aware about inventions in the field of physical science and acquaint them with the knowledge of different streams of physical science.
- Students will be able to define atoms.
- Students will be able to discuss the postulates of Dalton’s atomic theory.
- Students will be able to use Dalton’s postulates.
Chart paper, Roller board, pointer and other useful classroom equipments.
Students are already aware about matter and elements.
Q1. Which metal is used to make jewellery and ornaments?
Q2. What kind of substance is gold?
It is a metallic element
Q3. What is the building block of an element?
Statement of Aim
So today we are going to study the topic ‘Atoms‘.
Teaching point 1: Definition of Atom
Atoms are the basic units of matter and the defining structure of elements.
It was assumed that atoms are the smallest particle and cannot be divided further.
Teaching point 2: Postulates of Dalton’s Atomic Theory
Dalton gave following postulates in his atomic theory:
- All matter is made of very tiny particles called atoms.
- Atoms are indivisible particles which cannot be created or destroyed in a chemical reaction.
- Atoms of a given element are identical in mass and chemical properties.
- Atoms of different elements have different masses and chemical properties.
- Atoms combine in the ratio of small whole numbers to form compounds.
- The relative number and kinds of atom are constant in a given compound.
Teaching point 3: Existence of Atoms
Atoms of most elements are not able to exist independently.
Atoms, molecules and ions. These molecules or ions aggregate in large numbers to form the matter that we can see, feel or touch.
For example: Oxygen atoms will either exist in the form of molecules (O2) or form ions (O2-)
- Atoms are the smallest particle of the element.
- Dalton gave atomic theory which had six postulates.
- Most atoms cannot exist independently.
- Atoms exist either in molecular or ionic form.
- Atoms are the atoms are the building block of any element.
Pupil-teacher will supervise the problem of the students and solve it.
Q1. Smallest particle of an element is called _______.
Q2. Dalton gave ________ theory.
Q3. Atoms can be destroyed very easily. (True/False)
Q4. Atoms can exist in molecular form. (True/False)
Q5. Dalton’s theory had how many postulates?
Q. Write down the postulate given by Dalton in his atomic theory.
To download pdf- CLICK HERE
- CELLS- INTEGRATED LESSON PLAN- CLASS 9th SCIENCE NCERT
- States of Matter lesson plan- Class IX NCERT with pdf
- Mixture- INTEGRATED LESSON PLAN- CLASS 9th SCIENCE NCERT
- Complete Lesson Plan of Thomson’s atomic model Class IX
- Complete Lesson Plan of Solution NCERT Class IX
- Complete Lesson Plan of COLLOIDAL SOLUTION of Class IX
- Complete Integrated Lesson Plan of ELEMENTS of Class IX
Disclaimer: wandofknowledge.com is created only for the purpose of education and knowledge. For any queries, disclaimer is requested to kindly contact us. We assure you we will do our best. We do not support piracy. If in any way it violates the law or there is any problem, please mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Comment